Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oh Life!


This one is basically a fun poem.

Oh life!!
One minute you’re at school,
Then in college,
One minute you’re at work,
Then you’re married.

By the time I get myself around,
Life says, “Next round”,
I’m like, “Whoa! Slow down a bit. Pull some brakes”,
Life’s like, “Well come on keep up with the chase”.

By the time I get settled down,
Life says, “Uh-oh its time to move now”,
I’m like, “Seriously! Can’t we wait a bit?”,
Life’s like, “No darling I’m already getting late”.

Days, months, years pass by,
Seconds, minutes, hours roll on,
Ten, twenty and finally thirty years old,
Everyone says, “Now you’re a big girl”.

But come on I’m still fifteen at heart,
Sparkly, funny and the girl with the weird laugh,
I’m still a teenager in my mind,
Oh life can we like ‘rewind’?

When I get to the exciting part,
Life’s like, “Alright hurry up now”,
And whenever it get’s dull,
Life moves in ‘slow-mo’..like why girl?

Sometimes I’m like,
“I wish I could exchange life with someone else’s”,
And life sweetly whispers,
“No honey,  you’re only mine and nobody else’s”

Well if we’re together in it,
We might as well get along,
Smirking at me life yells,
“Sure sweetheart! Only at death do we part”
-Yusra.Shaikh

No comments:

Post a Comment