Friday, July 11, 2014

Superman




So here's to all the international bullies, the rich countries who wage a war against the poorer helpless ones, the stronger powerful people who go on hurting the weaker ones. I strongly condemn the killing of innocents.
Each life is equally precious.

You proclaim to save the world,
You proclaim to bring peace.

Why can’t you then leave me alone?
What do you from me seek?

You and I, we are not very different.
I’m plain and you are shining strong.

Why do you then smother me?
When to you did I do any harm?

I believe in peace and peace alone.
I even loved you like my own.

You’re cutting me deeper with every strike.
You already know that I will not fight.

You know I’m clean, still you continue your assault.
And when I ask you tell me “You brought it on yourself. It’s your fault.”

You finished my family one by one.
But you saved me for the end.

You made sure I’m completely helpless when you attacked.
You had all the power which I hugely lacked.

You kept me at your mercy, you watched me suffer.
You kept going till you could go no further.

 
As my breath escapes only one thing I’d like to say.
You think you’re a superman and they think that too.
But when you get done with me I know you’ll go for them too.

You think you are immortal and forever.
But that’s only till the time your power is severed.

-Yusra.Shaikh




No comments:

Post a Comment