Monday, April 7, 2014

Wars (Part 1).


Ok so this poem's got 2 parts. I'm uploading part 1 right now, as the name suggests this poem is on wars and I won't say anymore I'll let the poem do the talking.



 
In the darkness of the night,
While the world sleeps tight,
Shivers a soul with fear and fright,
His ears covered and eyes shut tight.

Uniformed men shooting at all,
Smoke rises in the air as another bomb falls,
Black, white and brown are all turned to gray,
Screaming, crying and begging as their souls are taken away.

He opens his eyes and is paralyzed,
By the sight of his father who died in the fight,
Tears streaming down his young face,
As the lifeless body before him lay.

All this war in the name of saving people?
Deaths of innocents just to catch a few criminals?
Funny isn’t it that so many die,
While you’re busy “trying to make better lives”.

Yusra.Shaikh

No comments:

Post a Comment