Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Know me.



Many a times we form opinions about people just by the way they look, way they walk, way they talk etc.. without even knowing them we start presuming negative things about them & well....imagination can play real wicked if pushed too hard.
So never  judge a book by it's cover, read it!
& never judge a person by the looks, get to know them.

 

Discriminate not in the name of religion my heart beating is just like yours,
Just like you I’m also innocent.

I too have dreams and aspirations don’t judge me by the color of my skin,
Or the accent in my speech.

I live a life of honesty and virtue well they claim to know me,
But they have not a single clue.

I go to school,work after hours,I’m no prince,
I don’t own Lamborghinis and Jaguars.

My only wish is to get into med-school,
Had decided it when I was little, thought it was cool.

I have a family that I love back home,
I’m here to write my story on my own.

Friday night with my friends I watch basketball,
Trust me, I’m harmless even though I’m six feet tall.

I grab a bite from a nearby joint on a chilly winter night,
I miss homemade food but I know better than to feel sad.

I’m here to make a future just like you,
And inspite of our differences I’m not very much different than you.

Yusra.Shaikh

No comments:

Post a Comment