This poem is for my mother in law who passed away a few days back. Unfortunately I didn’t get enough time to get to know her very well but of how much little time I spent with her I know that she was one of a kind. So understanding and caring and she was more like a mother to me than a mother in law. And the one thing that she had told me which I always remember is “Never lose your self-confidence”.
So Far Away
How could I not realize?
So fast the days passed away,
Your smile, your laugh, your beautiful eyes,
And now I’m standing before you with nothing to say.
The times that we spent,
The moments that we had,
Seem now like an event of the past,
Reality, why do you make me so sad?
Oh how I wish I could go back in time,
Oh how I wish I could press rewind,
Oh how I wish I could be again nine,
But you’ve gone way ahead and left me behind.
Now as I stand here while you lie there,
All the memories I try to save,
With empty eyes and a shattered heart,
I’ll try to carry on, I’ll try to be strong.
I know you have to be gone,
Even if I try I cannot make you stay,
Time to say goodbye but I feel so torn,
Because you have to go so far away.
You left a legacy that will live on,
You’ll always be remembered even though your gone,
I know you’ll be there with me and I’m not alone,
Your place in my heart will never be taken by anyone at all.
Yusra.Shaikh

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwesome
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful Yusra
Keep it up
Sana
Thank you so much Blogcrazy(Sana) :D
DeleteWow Wow Wowiiieee.... It's so amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove it girl!
Keep going.... <3 :D
-Bush
Thanks bush <3 :)
ReplyDeleteAlways a pleasure ;)
DeleteMasha allah U write great.
ReplyDeleteKeep writing cindrella
God Bless U.
Gazala
Thanks a lot!
ReplyDeleteVery good expression. I liked it. I would suggest u to read poems of old English poets. It will give u an idea how yo be more brief.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the helpful suggestion :)
Delete