Wednesday, October 29, 2014

One Last Look.



Some words which were not spoken,
Some promises which were not fulfilled,
Some relations left unbroken,
Yet some hands which are no longer held.

All set and standing by the door,
I take one last look inside,
That familiar house with the checkered floor,
The slideshow of memories starts in my mind.

Here it was where the stories began,
Here it was where a lot was learnt,
With you in it my world was never the same,
You could make me laugh till it hurt.

Reading each other’s thoughts,
Completing each other’s sentences,
Our talks which only we understood,
Our coded eye signals and our weird coincidences.

Riding under the sun,
The wind blowing through our hair,
On the same dusty roads we would have fun,
The same way for so many years, everyday.

We were two girls but our life was just one,
I lived in yours and you lived in mine,
I think we were by destiny joined,
Together brighter than the sun we’d shine.

Those moments, those events,
The days that passed by,
The most treasured, will never be forgotten,
Even after I say goodbye.

Finally I look away with tear shielded eyes,
Shut the door and the turn the lock in,
Looking up towards the sky,
I pray that someday we’ll meet again.

I blink away the tears as I try to smile,
In a better place, in a better time,
By God’s will we’ll meet again,
It’ll be just you and me like old times.

-Yusra.Shaikh

No comments:

Post a Comment